Sorry, I just noticed with the new theme that there wasn’t anywhere for a submissions box link. That’s been corrected. There’s also an FAQ link now.
Also, I still get submissions from anonymous users/e-mail addresses that are blank. Please check to be sure you’re filling everything out correctly!
I’m scoping out Beauxbatons in France this weekend, so leave me plenty of submissions to post when I return!! :)
I received two submissions today that were not headcanon, and I wanted to make a clarification:
1. Movie canon counts—personally I think of the movies and the books as two separate tellings of the same story, (since it’s the only way I stop nit-picking at what they left out) so the differences are both canon—so anything that happened in a movie is not a headcanon for the books.
2. Anything JK Rowling reveals in interviews is canon; you may disagree that Dumbledore is gay, but the author has stated it as fact, thus it is canon. Anything Jo reveals in interviews is thus not headcanon and cannot be submitted.
These are not canon facts, they are YOUR beliefs about the book and movie series that do not contradict the canon.
Thanks, and keep submitting! ^_^
This is the Harry Potter Headcanon blog—if you’ve got any ideas for why things in the Harry Potter world are the way they are, this is the place to share them!
We do have a few rules:
1. Entries cannot contradict canon. For example, you can’t say “Seriously, Remus and Sirius were totally banging each other all the time, they were 100% gay for each other.” However, you can say, “Remus is bisexual, and he had a thing for Sirius when they were younger. He loves Tonks but also feels guilty for not fully honoring the memory of Sirius.” Lupin’s sexuality is not explicitly stated, but we do know he at least entered a heterosexual marriage.
2. Fanon is not the same as headcanon. Headcanon is your personal belief, not an assertion of fandom’s beliefs of things that should be true.
3. Submissions that directly alter established events will not be posted. So, despite not liking the epilogue, you can’t change it. It’s canon. (i.e. “Harry marries Hermione and they have a dozen children.” However, “Harry and Ginny broke up for a while during a time when Ron and Hermione were fighting and not speaking to each other, and during that time Harry and Hermione went on a revenge-date” would be accepted)
4. Mods reserve the right to decline submissions if they are not seen fit in some way not outlined in these rules. Mods were chosen for particular knowledge of the Harry Potter canon, and if something contradicts it, it may not be published.
So please please submit and enjoy!!